About Me

My photo
New York, New York
This blog is a collection of all things that inspire me in designing and my daily life.

Followers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Room of One's Own

When I first moved to NYC, I was very fortunate to intern for Abigail Lorick who is the mastermind behind Eleanor Waldorf's designs on Gossip Girl. Although it was very brief (between work and school I couldn't find the time to commit unfortunately), I learned so much from her. She is a very warm, friendly person who worked really hard to get her line to the point it is at now and I'm so proud of where she's at now. I started right after her line debuted on Gossip Girl when she was working in a teeny tiny basement on the Lower East Side. She has since moved up to Parlor Showroom in SoHo where they show other well-established designers such as Timo Weiland, Rachel Antonoff and Samantha Pleet. Below are some recent articles and inspirations from her.

Lorick

Lorick

Lorick

Lorick

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My all time favorite collection of hers was from Fall 2009 where her inspiration was from an old French foreign film called The Bride Wore Black (definitely a movie worth seeing!). For her lookbook, Tom Hins did a "Hitchcock meets Godard" look and I think it really tied in well with the collection.

Lorick Fall 2009

Lorick Fall 2009

You can find her other collections at www.loricknewyork.com


Images via: PlaztikMag
http://www.gradientmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment