About Me

My photo
New York, New York
This blog is a collection of all things that inspire me in designing and my daily life.

Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dreary Day

It's been dark, rainy and miserable since yesterday. Just when you start to see the sun peaking out, the clouds engulf it back to a bleak darkness. On top of the rain, it has been so humid. When I walk outside, it feels like the air is weighing down on me. I love rainy days, just not when I have to be at work. I love when it's a rainy day on the weekends, where I can lay in my heavenly bed with the curtains drawn watching the rain fall down on our courtyard while catching up on my magazines. Since it's been so slow at work I've been surfing the internet for inspiration and have been finding myself drawn to dark pictures. Impossible Possibility's Autumn Winter Lookbook blew me away. I've never heard of the brand before and I can't find too much information but I loved the concept and the way they made the photos have a vintage, worn effect.

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hedi Slimane's photography came to mind while looking through the photos. His use of light and expression stands out the most. I love the shadows and/or the placement of the hair to cover the face. It has a feeling of mystery and leaves the viewer to imagine what is behind those curtains.

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Hosted by imgur.com

Images via http://www.hedislimane.com/
http://coutequecoute.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love the vintage look, so very chic! Love your blog, the title especially, happy to be your newest follower! XO!

    ReplyDelete