About Me

My photo
New York, New York
This blog is a collection of all things that inspire me in designing and my daily life.

Followers

Friday, August 28, 2009

Wouldn't you like to shop with your favorite designer?


Well, you can't unless you are in NYC. Fashion's Night Out is all anyone can talk about here and it's going to be one amazing night! It seems like every single store in Manhattan and in various stores around the 5 boroughs is hosting some type of event. When I first heard about this, I brushed it aside thinking that it was going to be like Fashion Week, where it is next to impossible to get into the tents unless you know or work for someone in the fashion industry. But anyone can attend this event. I'm thinking of heading over to the Barney's event. When am I ever going to have the opportunity to see Isabel Toledo, Narciso Rodriguez, Behnaz Sarafpour, Alexander Wang, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Thom Brown, Jonathan Adler and Rag & Bone designers David and Marcus all in the same store? Then I can head over to Bergdorf with Zac Posen, another appearance by Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen (who will be serving drinks) and Alexander Wang. Huge legends of the fashion industry André Leon Talley, Donna Karan and Isaac Mizrahi will also be there. I'm still trying to convince mom to come out here for the event, but if she can't make it I'm forcing her to come with me to the Anna Sui fashion show.



I bought both my mom and I the Fashion's Night Out t-shirt. Not only does the shirt feel like heaven (it is a perfect summer tee for my hot, humid months and mom's burning hot desert weather), but all proceeds go to charity. The shirt is not the most fashionable looking item; it's very boxy and big for a size S, but I think this was purposely done in a way so fashionistas could interpret their own spin on the little white tee. Alexander Wang did his own version and I'm loving the style (he's going to be selling them at Bergdorf on the 10th). I'm thinking of shredding mine up a little, adding some chains, nailheads, maybe give it some more length to make into a dress; who knows? Or, I could just taper it in with a belt and add layer upon layer of jewelry.














.

No comments:

Post a Comment